SP6101 - Connector Attachment Certification
This course is primarily aimed at installers and field engineers - those involved in hands-on termination. Quality control, project managers and anyone who works directly or indirectly with transmission line assemblies.
What pre-requisite experience do I need?
No pre-requisite course or experience is required but we recommend that students consider taking the online SP6000 Understanding the RF Path course in addition to this course.
- Provide basic transmission line characteristics
- Look at coaxial cable, installation and handling practices
- Check out the different tools available to ensure termination is done to the highest standard
- Understand different termination procedures for different types of connectors
- Using the accompanying videos to follow the correct procedures
- Be aware of what to look for when checking installed connectors
- See the range of accessories to help the installation from hoisting grips to cable hangers
- Ensuring that the installation is grounded correctly
Starting with basic transmission principals, which helps the student to understand why cables have to be looked after during installation, the course goes on to provide exercises in terminating connectors onto various cables. All current connector terminations are explained, with accompanying videos to ensure that all steps are covered. We also look at cable handling and securing, together with grounding and weatherproofing.
- Transmission Line Characteristics - Cable design, impedance and return loss, attenuation, component matching, phase and frequency, dc resistance and cable design.
- Coaxial Cable and Cable Handling - Cable types and ranges, Heliax, understanding different cable structures, differences between smooth and corrugated cables, bending and handling.
- Coax Connectors and Connector Handling - EZFit and positive stop, tooling and selection, termination videos and checking terminations.
- Cable and Connector Accessories - Hoisting grips, cable hangers, cable entry, grounding kits, lightning protection and weatherproofing in all environments.
How will I learn?
You will study this course online in a self-paced format. The course is made up of a number of webcast lessons and a series of detailed videos that the student will study. Online multiple choice assessments giving immediate feedback will confirm your understanding of the key practices. Technical documents (downloadable) are also available in this course to support all the products and practices covered.
Successful completion will require
Any level of pass in the overall assessment score.
Is this the right course for me?
If you need to understand exactly the termination process, best working practices and quality issues surrounding coaxial transmission line termination then this course is for you.
Upon successful completion
You will receive a certificate that may be self-printed.
Certificate valid for 3 years
To purchase course: